Century Microfinance Bank Limited seeks to fill the position of Credit Risk Manager.
Reporting to: The Head of Credit
Station: Head Office- Nairobi
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Job Summary: Oversee the entire lending process, including the initial application and review, underwriting and the disbursal or denial of loan requests.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
Gathering the relevant information about clients and their businesses from the loan applications brought by the relationship officers to ensure that informed decisions are made regarding the creditworthiness and probability of repayment by the customer.
Providing guidance to prospective loan applicants to enable them determine the most appropriate type of loan as well as explaining the specific requirements and conditions associated with the loan.
Building Business relations In order to grow the deposit portfolio.
Analysis of Credit Proposals.
• Authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet KYC requirements.
• Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to SME, Micro and Consumer Banking customers.
• Appraisal of new loan applications and making recommendations.
• Ensure proper security perfection is done for all conventional collaterals.
• Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
• Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and business activity and cycles.
• Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
• Proactively manage risk /exposure for assigned portfolio continuously.
• Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in lending.
• Assist in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Corporation and customer.
• Liaise with credit reference bureaus and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
Presentation to Head Office Credit Committee
• Complete loan applications, including credit analysis and summaries.
• Present the loan requests to the Head Office Credit Committee for approval within the Bank’s Credit Policy.
• Daily tracking of loan repayments and follow up of any skipped payments to ensure PAR is maintained at the targeted levels.
• Review individual or business customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
• Following up all loans issued to ensure they are paid on time through ongoing monitoring and supervision of members, groups, and projects
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
1. Education Business related degree and/or Diploma.
2. Knowledge and Skills Business management skills.
Credit management skills Supervisory skills.
3. Experience At least 5 years as a Credit Officer either doing group or Individual loans.
4. Personal Attributes Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job title by 20th August 2018.